Dermatitis is a common word that refers to an inflammation of the different levels of depth of the epidermis and dermis. There are many factors that may cause a development of this disease. Depending on these factors the form and symptoms of this disease may vary. However, in general, patients with this disease experience redness, and pain or itch in the affected area of the skin. This medical condition usually causes the development of blisters, exudation, and eruption. After some time, the crust may develop in the impacted area. List of different forms of this disease includes:
- Varicose eczema
These skin disorders are not contagious. However, the look of the skin can make a patient feel uncomfortable.
Symptoms of Dermatitis
Each kind of dermatitis looks different. Even the locations of the skin rash are different depending on the type of this disease. Bellow, I will describe three most common forms of skin inflammation and irritation;
- Seborrheic dermatitis. This skin disorder results in dry, flaking spots on the skin of the face and chest. Usually, seborrheic dermatitis is a chronic condition and lasts for years and decades. This type of skin disorders known in newborns as a cradle cap.
- Atopic dermatitis. Well-known skin illness that starts in the earlier stages (even in the first few days of life). The most common locations for this type of dermatitis are under arms, behind knees and inside the elbows. The most common symptoms of atopic dermatitis are:
- Red rash that spreads wider in time;
- Severe itch of the skin;
- The fluid is leaking from the skin rash;
- Skin cracks.
- Contact dermatitis. This type of the illness caused by some external substance that contacts human’s skin. For example, cleaning lady may have this kind of problem if she does not use gloves when working with chemical cleaners. Poison ivy is the perfect example of contact dermatitis.
- Photodermatitis. In the core of this kind of skin, disorder scientists found skin’s sensitivity to sunlight or to substances, which properties known as phototoxic or photoallergic. The flare ups usually happen in a summer time and the most common affected areas are a face, forearms, hands.
What Causes Dermatitis
The following medical disorders and environmental circumstances may stimulate the development of this skin disorders:
- Genetic factors;
- Chemical substances and irritants;
- Immune problems;
- Vitamins deficiency;
- Skin injuries;
Factors that may increase the risk of dermatitis
Many different individual and environmental factors may upsurge risk of some particular forms of this disease:
- Age. Atopic dermatitis more than likely will occur in infants. Opposite the contact form of this disorder atopic type is more common in mature age.
- Allergies and asthma. In my center patients with asthma develop this disease much more often than individuals that don’t have this background.
- Occupation. Individuals that have contact with industrial chemicals have more chances to develop contact form of the disease.
- Health conditions. Patients with Parkinson’s are at higher risk for development of seborrheic dermatitis. Patients with HIV infections have more chances to develop either atopic or seborrheic dermatitis.
Homeopathic remedies as always selected by the homeopathic practitioner either by symptoms or by a constitution. In each case and in each individual same type of this disease may look dissimilar. For example, even the same form of Photo-dermatitis may result in a dry crust in one patient and in leaking fluid in other. Since homeopathy always follows the philosophy of “like cures like” the homeopathic remedies chosen for each particular patient would be different and personalized. It is easy to explain that patients this type of skin disorder are most often referred by their primary physicians to homeopathic clinics. Conventional Western medicine has no treatment strategy for this very common and very uncomfortable disease. All known conventional treatments for this disease are palliative. Dermatological creams and solutions create for patients with dermatitis comfortable level by decreasing the severity of rash, itch, and pain. None of the external medicines may cure this illness because the symptoms that appear on a skin are only the small top part of the iceberg. The pathological process located deep inside of human’s body and skin is only a showcase of the process that runs in the liver, lymphatic system, spleen, etc. Pharmaceutical drugs antibiotics, corticosteroids, and Anti-Allergy Medication may benefit patient for a short-term, but at some point, they become less effective. Lately, “immunosuppressive” medicines were presented to fight severe forms of skin disorders. The clinical studies posted in 2006 in British Medical Journal rule on that the “official confirmation is missing…for the effectiveness and usefulness of these drugs in individuals that have failed to react to external steroidal creams and fluids.” Numerous of individuals are furthermore concerned about the possible side-effects to persistent use of strong external steroidal drugs. It is a known fact that this topical creams may result in degeneration or weakening of the epidermis.
Homeopathic treatment for dermatitis
There are many proofs from both clinical studies and patients’ reports to demonstrate that homeopathic remedies may be very beneficial in dermatological clinics. The newest study of 119 individuals that suffered from this disease, performed by British scientists and distributed in “Complementary Therapies in Medicine” magazine stated that homeopathic medicine is as effective as modern western medicine in the short-term studies; however, homeopathy appeared to be significantly more beneficial in the longer term clinical trial. Also, many patients reported substantial progress in their medical condition as a result of homeopathic healing. 5 years clinical trial at Bristol Homeopathic Hospital in Great Britain discovered that 84% of patients with this skin disorder reported significant objective improvement”. Equivalent conclusions have been conveyed by other homeopathic clinics. Dr. Tsan – homeopathic practitioner successfully treats patients of all ages using homeopathic remedies manufactured by French pharmaceutical factory – Boiron. Boiron is well-known ecologically clean homeopathic factory. Boiron produces low, high and very high diluted homeopathic remedies, which can satisfy requirements of different homeopathic schools in the world.
I recently had a patient Halina B. with the contact dermatitis. She was 57 years old white female that worked as a cleaning lady. When she initially appeared in my office she had a severe rash on her chest, breast, and under breast areas. The skin was red and wet because of the leaking fluid. She experienced a severe itch in the affected area. During the initial assessment, I discovered that she is using protective gloves during work, but because she is working very fast she always feel hot and she is wearing very light and open close. Also, I found that the Ammonium is the most usable cleaning product in her everyday work and it was a good sign to prescribe Ammonium homeopathic. I thought between Ammonium Carbonicum and Ammonium Muriaticum, but for Muriaticum, she did not have enough symptoms.
After one month of treatment with Ammonium Carbonicum, Sulphur and Graphites her skin cleaned up and the itch diminished. After another month, she was completely OK.
You must be logged in to post a comment.